[Michlib-l] Spanish library lingo

Amanda Palomino amanda at westernsem.edu
Wed Jul 19 15:28:15 EDT 2017

Our library is working on building up our resources to support a new
Spanish program, including Spanish translations of some of our orientation
materials. I'm interested in finding out what words other librarians are
using to describe their services and resources to Spanish-speaking patrons
(not just Google translations but meaningful interpretations!) - a few
words I'm particularly curious about are "library catalog," "call number,"
"due date," "to check out," "subject heading," and "Interlibrary Loan." If
you have any suggestions, please message me off-list at
amanda at westernsem.edu!

:)

--
Amanda Palomino
Library Technical Services Assistant

ph 616.392.8555 x140
101 East 13th Street, Holland MI 49423-3622
[image: WTS_logo_email.png]