[Michlib-l] Job Posting - LAII Adult Services/Digital Resources at Loutit District Library (Grand Haven, MI)

Laura J. Kraly lkraly at loutitlibrary.org
Wed Jul 5 12:33:10 EDT 2017

All,

We have an opening for a part-time paraprofessional in our Adult Services
Department. Please see the posting below for more information; a complete
job description can be found on our website at:
http://loutitlibrary.org/about-us/jobs.

Loutit District Library is seeking an individual to work 24 hours per week
in the Adult Services department and other departments as assigned. The
primary functions of this job include performing reference services,
advising patrons on materials selection, and supporting patron use of
digital library services.

Additional duties include creating, planning and executing programs,
managing the library’s digital marketing and social media, and advising on
the future technological and digital needs of the library.

This position includes evening and weekend hours. A Bachelor of Arts or
Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university is
required; students currently pursuing a Masters in Library and Information
Science are particularly invited to apply. Experience dealing with the
public, a thorough knowledge of current computing operating systems and
commonly used programs, and familiarity with social media and mobile
technologies are also required. Starting wages are $16.42 per hour.

Apply by submitting a cover letter and resume in PDF format to Laura J.
Kraly, Head of Adult Services, via email at lkraly at loutitlibrary.org by
6:00pm on July 14, 2017.

The Loutit District Library does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, height, weight, marital or veteran status,
religion, age, or handicap in employment or the provision of services. The
Loutit District Library is a drug-free workplace and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.

--

Laura J. Kraly
Head of Adult Services