[Michlib-l] Teen Programming Question

Danielle Fox dfoxhollylibrary at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:01:06 EST 2017

Good afternoon,

I am currently working on adding a few teen programs at the Holly Township
Library. One thing I would like to start doing is having a monthly video
game club. The idea is that we will have a few different consoles and games
available for those ages 13-18 to play. Some of the games will be provided
but, I also want to allow them to bring in their own, as we don't have a
large number of our own. Now my question is how much should I worry about
video game ratings? I know many popular games are rated M. I don't really
want to restrict these but, at the same time I don't want to get angry
phone calls from parents either. If your library currently has video game
programs how do you deal with this issue? Any advice or suggestions are
appreciated.

Thank you,

Danielle Fox

--