[Michlib-l] Youth Services Job Posting

Marty Ferriby mferriby at hackleylibrary.org
Mon Jan 9 15:14:05 EST 2017

HEAD OF YOUTH SERVICES

The Hackley Public Library in Muskegon, MI is seeking an enthusiastic
and creative full time Head of Youth Services for our diverse and
dynamic lakeshore community in our newly renovated, historic
library.  General responsibilities include providing direct services
to young people and the adults who care about them, as well as
planning and producing services and programs for children and teens
from infancy through high school.  This position supervises a
department staff of 3 (1.7 FTE) plus volunteers.

Requirements:  ALA MLS, 3 years of public library children's services
experience, public service skills, organizational skills and
teamwork.  Desired:  Supervisory experience, able to leap a tall
building in a single bound.  Full time, full benefits, EOE.  Hiring
range $42,105 - $61,216 DOQ.  Work hard, make a difference, and have
fun in a lakeshore city that's on the move.

To apply, please send an application form,  a resume and a cover
letter to Martha Ferriby, Director, Hackley Public Library, 316 W.
Webster Ave. Muskegon, MI 49440 or
mferriby at hackleylibrary.org.  Applications are available at
www.hackleylibrary.org.

This position will remain open until filled.  Interviews will begin
the week of January 30.