[Michlib-l] HVAC Rant

Derek Barth dbarth at bathtownship.us
Fri Feb 24 09:47:01 EST 2017

Wow Marty--you really had a problem far worse than what I've experienced.

Where I used to work, we too had no windows you could open.  I would keep a
thermometer near my desk and whenever we approached 80° I could phone
"facilities" and they would come over and turn up the air conditioning.
Sometimes it really helped, sometimes not.  We in the library weren't
allowed access to that room.  Then they changed the policy, and we had to
notify them via a computer program.  Not only did it take three times as
long as the old phone call--passwords, selecting our complaint from a list
of about 100 possible problems, etc., then typing in the specific message,
but I remember one time when I was directed by my boss to send in a
"trouble ticket" about the heat.

It was a Tuesday morning.  We all agreed that it stayed hot all day.
Thursday morning they sent me a response saying they will send someone over
later that day.  Boy--that's sure helpful to all the people sweltering two
days earlier!