[Michlib-l] Conference/Meeting Room Seating

T.A. Cutler Memorial Library CutlerLibrary at live.com
Tue Feb 21 15:59:08 EST 2017

Looking into replacing the seating for our meeting room, and noticed there's a fairly sizeable weight support range, from what appears to be the standard 250lbs up to 500 lbs. How do you purchase chairs?

It's a small meeting room, so I'm only looking for 10 to 12 seats. Stackable would be nice, but not necessary. Would you get 10 standard and 2 to accommodate larger users; a different ratio of standard to large?

How about armed chairs vs. no arms? Castors vs. stationary (we have low pile carpeting)? Fabric vs. vinyl? Mesh back vs. padded? There are so many options out there and the prices are such I don't want to mess this up.

In terms of comfort and cleaning, I was leaning towards mesh back, fabric pad, castors, and no arms, but a board member pointed out arms on the chairs assist reduced mobility patrons in rising from their seat. So now I'm thinking a mix of armed and no arm chairs might be a better option. However, I don't want to end up with a bigger hodgepodge of seating than I am replacing :-)

Any guidance/experiential wisdom you can offer would be appreciated. Please reply off list (cutlerlibrary at live.com).

Thanks,

Jessica

T.A. Cutler Memorial Library