[Michlib-l] NYT and screen reader

Kate, Scheid kscheid at htlibrary.net
Wed Feb 15 18:37:46 EST 2017

Hi all,
I have 2 unrelated questions on which I'm sure you all will have some helpful info to offer.

1.       For those of you who subscribe to the NYT do you do it directly. I was quoted $1000 annually which seemed a little steep. The person to whom I spoke said there was no consideration for libraries, they just got a regular home subscription. Any thoughts?

2.       I had a patron inquire about screen reader for the visually impaired. For those who may have such a thing in place, what do you use and how does it work and is it very costly?

She mentioned Serotek, any thoughts on that application?

Thanks!!

Kate Scheid, MLIS
Director
Holly Township Library