[Michlib-l] Do you have a video game collection?

Kelly Bennett kelly at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Wed Aug 23 16:22:37 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'd like to collect some information from libraries currently offering
video games for check out to their patrons. Please reply to the questions
listed below off-list and I'll share my compiled results later.

Thanks,

Kelly Bennett
Head of Circulation, Ferndale Area District Library

---

1. What formats do you circulate (Wii, Playstation 4, Xbox, etc.)
2. How long do they circulate for?
3. Do you keep the actual items on the shelves or do you keep the games in
a staff-only area to be placed in the cases upon checkout?
4. Do you have age restrictions on games?
5. Do you purchase games that have higher age ratings on them (M for
mature, etc.)?
6. How do you package the games?
7. How do you determine which games to purchase?
8. If you are part of a cooperative, do you allow your games to be
interloaned or checked out by patrons who don't belong to your library?
9. How much do you charge per item in late fees?
10. How well have the games circulated?