[Michlib-l] Opioid Crisis Town Hall - Webinar from WebJunction and PLA
White, Shannon (MDE)
WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri Aug 18 16:19:12 EDT 2017
Please see below for a town hall meeting that may be of interest to libraries and their trustees.
Opioid Crisis Town Hall
Over two million people in the U.S. are estimated to be dependent on prescription opioids or heroin. This national epidemic is affecting communities of all sizes and the public libraries that serve them. PLA<http://www.ala.org/pla/> and WebJunction<http://www.webjunction.org/> will host a "virtual town hall" discussion of the opioid epidemic for public library professionals. The event will be held 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, Sept. 12. Participants will be given the opportunity to share their thoughts, ideas, and concerns.
Panelists will include:
* Vanessa Christman, County Librarian/Director of Library Services, Humboldt County (Calif.)
* Kim Fender, Director, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Ohio)
* Rachel Fewell, Central Library Administrator, Denver Public Library (Colo.)
* Shawn Cunningham, Communications Director, Multnomah County Public Library (Ore.)
* Hadi Sedigh, Associate Legislative Director for Justice & Public Safety, National Association of Counties, and liaison to the National City-County Task Force on the Opioid Epidemic
To register for the Opioid Crisis Town Hall, click here<http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction/opioid-crisis-town-hall.html>. A recording will be made available after the session. Please refer to this page for information.
More information about libraries and the opioid crisis can be found here<http://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/opioid-crisis-libraries.html>.
Library of Michigan
Whites29 at michigan.gov
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l