[Michlib-l] Invitation to a Game of Thrones themed program at Pinckney Library

Hope Siasoco hsiasoco at pinckneylibrary.org
Thu Aug 17 15:25:47 EDT 2017

Dear Library Colleagues,

Please share widely:

Send out the ravens! “Winter Has Come”: A Game of Thrones Event, featuring
George R.R. Martin’s *A Song of Ice and Fire* books and the HBO series that
these books inspired, will once again be returning to the Pinckney Library
for its fourth and penultimate year. On *Tuesday, August 29, 2017*, *from
6:30pm to 8:30pm*, prepare to be transported to the Seven Kingdoms of
Westeros!

                                            “*Shall we begin?*“ – Daenerys
Targaryen

 As with previous years, the first part of the program is “family friendly”
and open to guests of all ages:

·         *Ring of Steel* – this presentation is paid for by the Friends of
the Pinckney Library and is an hour and forty minutes show by the
well-renowned action theatre and acting troupe. Members will demonstrate a
few fighting styles, weapons and stunts from Game of Thrones.

·         *Photo Booth* – Strike a pose next to The Night King, Daenerys
Targaryen or Jon Snow, King in the North, and take home a keepsake photo
from our event!

·         *Game of Thrones** and A Song of Ice and Fire Trivia Games*—win
for the honor of your House! Every trivia question sheet answered is a
chance to win grand prizes at the end of the program.

Following the performance from Ring of Steel, we will have a discussion of
HBO’s Game of Thrones TV Series, with a focus on episodes from the
penultimate Season 7—because we are all Unsullied now! We’ll also speculate
on what’s to come for our beloved characters based on what’s been written
by George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire book series. This portion of
the evening contains mature content and may include spoilers for both the
books and the TV series.

Theme-inspired refreshments will be served throughout the evening and will
include recipes from *A Feast of Ice and Fire: **The Official Game of
Thrones Companion Cookbook* and *Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook*.

For more information or to register for this event, call the library
(734-878-3888 <(734)%20878-3888>), check out our event listing @
http://bit.ly/2vHuSfN or stop by in person @ 125 Putnam St., Pinckney MI.

Thank you for your attention and we hope very much to see you during this
fun-filled event!

Hope Siasoco
Library Director
----