[Michlib-l] Reminder! Library Camp is Friday, 5/5 at AADL

Sara Wedell wedells at aadl.org
Mon Apr 24 15:04:15 EDT 2017

Just a reminder that Library Camp 2017 : An Unconference will take place Friday, May 5 , 2017 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Ann Arbor District Library 's Downtown Library . It's still free, and you can still click here to register!

Library Camp is an informal unconference gathering to share ideas, technologies, and discussions intended for information professionals and graduate students with an interest in libraries.

The goal is to get a bunch of people together, to talk about whatever you'd like to talk about, within the rough purview of libraries and library technology. We'll start with a blank schedule and at our morning gathering, we'll fill the agenda with your ideas. We've got time and space for at least 4 concurrent sessions, so there could easily be 10-12 different things to talk about during the day. Like any unconference, the event is led by whoever shows up!

This year we are kicking off the day with a keynote by Cliff Lampe and Lindsay Blackwell on social media behavior and societal impact.
- Cliff Lampe is an assistant professor in the School of Information at the University of Michigan and currently researches social interactions that are supported by mediating technology.
- Lindsay Blackwell is a PhD student at the University of Michigan School of Information. Her research explores misbehavior in online communities, including trolling and online harassment.

You should come !

Sara Wedell
Production Librarian | Ann Arbor District Library
wedells at aadl.org | (734) 327-4225