[Michlib-l] Smithsonian's Museum on Main Street: Water/Ways

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Fri Apr 21 08:38:00 EDT 2017

As a reminder, the deadline for this popular program is July 10.

The Michigan Humanities Council invites Michigan libraries to apply to host the Smithsonian's Water/Ways exhibition<http://www.michiganhumanities.org/water-ways/> in 2018 and 2019.

The Water/Ways exhibition explores how water connects human beings with our surrounding environment, while shedding light on its environmental, cultural, and historical importance. As "The Great Lakes State," water is an invaluable resource and part of Michigan's identity, and we are looking for six communities to host the exhibit and share their local water stories. Host communities will have the chance to engage in conversations with water experts, host the exhibit, create additional programming, and help shape the dialogue on Michigan's water policy.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact James Nelson at jnelson at mihumanities.org<mailto:jnelson at mihumanities.org>.

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.