[Michlib-l] Summer Reading updates from CSLP

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Apr 14 08:07:38 EDT 2017

If you coordinate a youth, teen and/or adult summer reading program, please see the update (attached or below) from this week's Collaborative Summer Library Porgram's Annual Meeting.  These updates include the 2019 slogan and the 2020 theme!

Additionally, I'd like to share the following:
Kwame Alexander, our National Summer Reading Champion, has recorded PSA's (available when you login to cslpreads.org<http://cslpreads.org> and look under Proprietary Downloads) & he has released a recommended reading list: https://www.cslpreads.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Kwame-Alexander-Recommended-summer-reading_CSLP-2017.pdf.
Do you do school/camp outreach?  Don't forget CSLP offers ready made "Kits" for the program under the Proprietary Downloads tab on our website, once you login at www.cslpreads.org<http://www.cslpreads.org>
I was elected to serve the CSLP as a Board Member-At-Large on Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to being a part of decision making at CSLP and moving the organization forward as we work to provide great reading program materials & more to libraries across the country & even so far as Guam and other territorial islands.  (They fly the furthest every year!)

What you may not realize is that CSLP board and committees are made up of volunteers.  I will keep you posted when there are calls for volunteers to serve or submit programming ideas.  I encourage you to participate when the opportunity arises!

Have a great weekend,
Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan

[X]

[X]

Updates from the 2017 CSLP Annual Meeting in Charleston, SC

April 12, 2017

2020 Artist

CSLP is happy to announce the artist for the 2020 Early Literacy and Children’s artwork is LeUyen Pham!

LeUyen Pham is the illustrator of over fifty children’s books. Her books include the best-selling Freckleface Strawberry series with Julianne Moore, the Princess in Black series by Shannon Hale, the Alvin Ho series by Lenore Look, Grace for President by Kelly S. DiPucchio, as well as her own self-authored There is No Such Thing as Little, The Bear Who Wasn’t There and Big Sister, Little Sister. She also designed artwork used on the bookmarks for the “We Need Diverse Books” campaign in 2014.

2019 Slogan

State representatives and voting proxies selected A Universe of Stories as the slogan for all age groups for the 2019 “Space” theme. The “Space” theme was selected at the 2016 annual meeting to commemorate the 50thanniversary of the landing on the moon.

2020 General Theme

In addition to a 2019 slogan, state representatives and voting proxies also selected “Fairy Tales/Mythology/ Fantasy” as the general theme for 2020.

Elections

The following slate of nominees were elected to fill board and committee chair positions beginning June 1, 2017:

Vice President/President-elect: Chrissie McGovern (NC) *Board

Secretary: Josephine Camarillo (WA) *Board

Treasurer: Anne Lemay (NJ) *Board

Membership: Sally Snyder (NE) *Board

Vendor: Deanne Dekle (NM) *Board

Children’s Program: Tanya DiMaggio (LA) *Committee Chair, non-Board

At Large Members:

          Cathy Lancaster (MI) *Board

          Jamie Chipman (UT) *Board

2018 CSLP Annual Meeting

April 8 – 12, 2018

The Westin, Denver, Colorado

Sincerely,

Sharon Rawlins

CSLP 2016-2017 President

Phone: (641) 423-0005<tel:(641)%20423-0005> | Toll Free: (866) 657.8556<tel:(866)%20657.8556> | Fax: (641) 424-5120<tel:(641)%20424-5120>

953 Sixth Place SE. Mason City, IA 50401-5261

[X]

Mission:
“To provide a unified summer reading theme along with professional art and evidence-based materials
so that member libraries can provide high-quality summer reading programs
at the lowest possible cost and to play a significant role in literacy initiatives.”