[Michlib-l] Free PD May 8: maker idea swap, gathering financial support

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Wed Apr 12 17:41:30 EDT 2017

Howdy!

The University of Michigan School of Information's summer of statewide
professional development is getting underway!

Our first port of call is Monday, May 8, at Frankenmuth Wickson District
Library in downtown Frankenmuth. Pick one workshop or both -- they're free!
Invite your friendly troop leaders, school librarians, and fellow educators
to join you.

*MAKER IDEA SWAP, 10-11:30am*
Looking for ways to freshen your makerspace programs and activities? Come
and trade ideas with us! We'll share some of our favorite projects, then
open up the conversation so you can share yours! Can't make this date? No
worries -- we'll be repeating this workshop throughout Spring and Summer
2017 around the state. Details soon!
Registration and details here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maker-idea-swap-frankenmuth-tickets-33683084011>
[1 SCECH credit available if you *also *attend the afternoon, as MDE has a
3-hour minimum for SCECH hours]

*GATHERING FINANCIAL SUPPORT, 12:45-4:00pm*
So you want to move forward with the maker movement, but you need funding
to make it happen? What do grant reviewers tend to find appealing in
grants? What are common pitfalls? What can you do to make your proposal
stand out? In this half-day workshop, we'll look at strategies and
techniques for winning proposals. *Please note that as a federally funded
project, federal guidelines preclude us from supporting fundraising, so we
cannot give advice on specific proposals*. This event is only being offered
in Frankenmuth!
Registration and details here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gathering-financial-support-frankenmuth-tickets-33683488220>
[3 SCECH credits]

SCECH and registration are free!

We've got lots more coming this summer ... stay tuned!

Kristin

--
Kristin Fontichiaro
4427 North Quad