[Michlib-l] Upper Peninsula History Award Nomination Deadline Is Friday, April 28, 2017

MHM Editor mhmeditor at hsmichigan.org
Fri Apr 7 12:18:34 EDT 2017

The Upper Peninsula History Award Nomination Deadline Is Approaching!

Each year, the Historical Society of Michigan presents two awards at the
Upper Peninsula History Conference: the Charles Follo Award and the Superior
Award.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/awards/upper-peninsula-history-awards/>
Learn more about the awards on our website.

Do you know an individual or historical organization that has done marvelous
things to preserve and promote the history of Michigan's Upper Peninsula?

Consider
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/UP-History-Award-Nomin
ation.pdf> nominating individuals for the Charles Follo Award or historical
organizations based in the Upper Peninsula for the Superior Award!

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/UP-History-Award-Nomin
ation.pdf> Download the nomination form here.

Nominations and supporting materials must be received by Friday, April 28,
2017, at 5 p.m. Nominations received after that date and time will not be
accepted, regardless of postmark.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/awards/upper-peninsula-history-awards/>
Visit our website for award descriptions and past winners.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

<http://www.hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/UP-History-Award-Nomin
ation.pdf> Download the nomination form here.

For individuals, please consider nominating that person for the Charles
Follo Award.

For historical organizations, please consider nominating them for the
Superior Award.

Nominations and supporting materials must be received by Friday, April 28,
2017, at 5 p.m. Nominations received after that date and time will not be
accepted, regardless of postmark.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/awards/upper-peninsula-history-awards/>
See past winners!

Save the Date!

The 68th annual Upper Peninsula History Conference will be held in Iron
River and Caspian June 23-25, 2017.

This e-mail is sent to our friends to keep you updated on historical
activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's history. To
opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the subject line.