[Michlib-l] Handling Faxes

Devin Erlandson derlandson at alleganlibrary.org
Wed Sep 28 11:02:42 EDT 2016

1. We have a Simple Scan Station (http://www.simplescanstation.com/) in our
adult public computer area that is theoretically self-serve.
2. We have a traditional fax machine in the staff office area for staff to
use or if something were to happen and our Simple Scan was unable to be
used.
3. We urge patrons to use the Simple Scan on their own and ask for help if
it's required. I've found that most patrons will ask for help before
attempting to use the public fax because they are confused by it or
intimidated.
4. The Simple Scan really is very easy (and also scans to email, USB, and
Google Docs), but it is rare that a patron doesn't need help using it. So
in terms of staff time saved, maybe not a lot.

Devin Erlandson, MLIS
Information Coordinator
Allegan District Library
269-673-4625