[Michlib-l] Handling Faxes

Shelley Williams svbwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:38:33 EDT 2016

Jaema,
#1 - no
#2 - yes
#3 - no
#4 - no

Hope this helps.

We have enough trouble when the copier jams on patrons.  I hate to think
what would happen the first time a patron's paper was eaten by the fax.  We
are trained on how to fix jams and other strange happenings.  Patrons are
not.  So we keep it under our control.

Shelley

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Jaema Berman <jberman at tln.lib.mi.us> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues, I'm doing a survey to find out how other libraries handle
> faxes.
> 1. Do you have self service?
> 2. Do you keep the fax machine behind the service area where only staff
> can process it?
> 3. Do you keep the fax machine in a public area and give patrons a choice
> of whether they want to do it themselves or get help with it?
> 4. Any other configurations of fax service?
>
> Thanks for your input!
> Jaema
>

> --
> Jaema Berman
> Director
> Addison Twp. Public Library
> 1400 Rochester Rd.
> Leonard, MI 48367
> Phone: 248-628-7180
> Fax: 248-628-6109
> http://www.addisontwp.michlibrary.org
>
> “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
> Margaret Fuller
> 1810-1850
> Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
> chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon

Shelley Williams
Director, White Lake Community Library
3900 White Lake Dr.