[Michlib-l] Memoir Writing Workshop at Dearborn Public Library: Wed, Sept 28

Henry Fischer hjfischer7 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:12:42 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Here's a description of one of our upcoming library programs (flyer
attached):

Want to write about your life? If so, consider attending the free “Memoir
Writing Workshop” at Henry Ford Centennial Library, 16301 Michigan Ave.,
Dearborn, in Room 30 on Wednesday, September 28, 6-8 p.m.

R.J. Fox—a Dearborn native, graduate of Edsel Ford High School and
University of Michigan-Dearborn, and author of *Love & Vodka: My Surreal
Adventures in the Ukraine*—will offer advice on how to write your own
memoir.

“There is nothing in life that can't be turned into a story,” says Fox.
“You don't have to be famous to write memoir. You don't even need to have a
profound experience to write about. Sometimes, the most mundane memories
from our life can make for the most interesting, relatable experiences—if
written in an entertaining and thought-provoking way.”

He also points out: “In many ways, memoir writing is similar to movies
based on real-life people. There is usually a mutual understanding that not
all of it can be 100% exactly the way it happened. You are not a news
reporter. Nor is the audience expecting you to be.”

Fox will be selling copies of his book at the end of the program. So, if
you’re interested in writing your own memoir, or if you want to learn more
about this author’s "charming chronicle,”* please stop by. No registration
necessary.

*Quote taken from Thomas BeVier’s review on forewordreviews.com

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Henry

Henry Fischer