[Michlib-l] Additinal information on Tax Capture Legislation

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Wed Sep 21 11:29:30 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to clarify the News information I sent on the pending Michigan Legislation on transparency for Tax Capture entities.

I want to be sure that readers don't confuse the legislation in the story today with the longstanding legislation SB 579 and SB 619-624.

SB 579 and SB 619-624 are the bills that will provide the opt out provisions for Libraries.

The bill discussed in the story this morning, SB 1026, while interesting from a FOIA perspective,  is only a bill that will provide some transparency - it is NOT related to the far more important and library-related SB 579 and SB 619-624.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Additional information on these bills and others is also available at the MLA website</%20http:/www.milibraries.org/>, as well as  http://www.milibraries.org/mla-advocacy---july-28-2016  , as well as the Legislature's site SB 579<http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-SB-0579>, SB 619-624<http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2015-SB-0624>

Have a great Day!
Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library of Michigan
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>
517-335-8132
MembielaC at michigan.gov
Information within this message is for educational and informational purposes only. No information in this message constitutes, nor should be interpreted as, legal advice or opinion.

Our collective efforts can help make Michigan a Top 10 education state in 10 years!  Here are the goals and strategies: http://mi.gov/top10in10/

[cid:image001.png at 01D2039A.4E4BC0C0]