[Michlib-l] New Library Job Hunt Website Set Up By Michigan Library Grad

Nathan Gray ncgray at umich.edu
Tue Sep 6 13:26:49 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone!

I'm an alum of UM's School of Information (class of 2010) who has been
trying to break back into the library world after far far too much time in
sales.

There have been some decent library and information science job aggregators
out there, but nothing that has quite had the functionality I've been
looking for in my own search.  So I put one up myself.

http://libjobhunt.com

Built on the opensource repository from the University of Wisconsin's
Internet Scout Project (link <https://scout.wisc.edu/cwis>), and
self-managed on Amazon's web server.

The goal is to be a volunteer-driven database of library job postings.
It's got about 30 jobs in there now, and I'm trying to add more that I find
every day (and always looking for volunteers to help!).

I'm trying to keep up with every job posted on here as well, getting it
copied over.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Nathaniel