[Michlib-l] FOIA Requests

Nannette Miller erlib.director at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:27:55 EDT 2016

Hi,  Has anyone gotten what I call a nuisance FOIA request? A local
resident sent a letter wanting our statistics for 5 years, including number
of people using the library, number of cards issued, computer usage, budget
and income/expense statements, and my salary. We put links to the Annual
State Aid Reports on our website and I referred her to those, as allowed by
FOIA. She now wants everything by the month. I explained I would have to
charge her to do the work to compile those monthly numbers, and she said
she doesn't care.

Based on other things she and her little band who don't think Elk Rapids
needs a library are doing I'm sure this is just to make things
difficult. Any suggestions?

--

Nannette Miller | Director
Elk Rapids District Library