[Michlib-l] Free Upcoming Continuing Education Opportunities

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Mon Oct 31 14:47:34 EDT 2016

Greetings!
Check these upcoming FREE webinars for library staff!

Wednesday, Nov. 2 (12-1 pm)
Not Just for Kids: STEM Programs Your Adult Patrons Will Love (Programming Librarian)
Looking to add adult STEM programs to your offerings but aren't sure where to start? Join librarians from Princeton (N.J) Public Library and Phelps (N.Y) Community Memorial Library for tips on creating STEM programming adults are sure to love.
For more information and to register, visit: http://programminglibrarian.org/learn

Tuesday, Nov. 8 (1-2 pm)
Serving Older Adults in a Changing World (WebJunction)
With longer life expectancy and increasing diversity, older adults are reinventing aging and changing perceptions of their demographic. It's time to rethink how our libraries serve this important and growing segment of our patron base. This webinar will focus on trends and impacts of the aging population, and will share creative strategies for library staff to meet the evolving needs of older adults in a changing world.
For more information and to register, visit: http://www.webjunction.org/events/webjunction.html

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan