[Michlib-l] Holiday Closings

Benjamin Sebrowski bsebrowski at commercetwp.com
Thu Oct 13 18:17:26 EDT 2016

I guess it just really surprises me that other libraries don't have this
figured out before the year has started. I've worked at many public
libraries and they've all had their holiday closing schedules set and
posted on line by the beginning of the year...and a policy in place for
when this perfect storm of the holidays falling on a weekend happens.

Remember what you do this year...it's going to happen again in 2022!

--

Ben Sebrowski
Director of Technology

2009 Township Drive

Commerce Township, MI  48390

Ph (248)960-7037

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM, Melissa Malcolm <melissa at lib.lapeer.org>
wrote:

> Hi all--
>
> Lapeer District Library locations could be closed Dec 23 - 26 and Dec
> 30-Jan 2 as staff policy dictates that there are two holiday days:  the Eve
> and the Day.  Dec 23 covers the Saturday 24th, and the 26th covers the
> Sunday 25th. Ditto for that following weekend.  HOWEVER--I am going to ask
> our part-timers and subs if they'd like to keep the library open on the
> 23rd and the 30th.  Only three locations are open on Friday, and as it's a
> 9-5 day, only one shift would be needed for each branch.  Our
> administrative office would be closed for the full four days.
>
> melissa

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use,
dissemination, forwarding or copying of this message is strictly prohibited,
and we request that you delete the original message and all attachments.