[Michlib-l] Accepting debit/credit cards

Janelle Martin jmartin at lib.lapeer.org
Thu Oct 13 12:09:06 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,
Our library currently doesn't accept debit/credit cards but we have made it our goal to be able to by the end of next year. We are looking for the best solution for both the library and our patrons (cost/convenience, etc.). If you currently accept debit/credit cards, what hardware/software/service do you use? Do you pass the transaction fee on to your patrons or does the library pay for it? Is there anything that we need to know when making a decision like this? Any information or advice that you are willing to share would be extremely helpful.
Thank you in advance,
Janelle

Janelle Martin
Head of Fiction