[Michlib-l] Libraries with schools nearby

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Fri Nov 11 16:30:32 EST 2016

I am hoping to connect with libraries that have intermediate schools
(4th-6th grade) within walking distance.  We are across a parking lot from
our intermediate school and have had a long-term policy that restricts
students from coming to the library unless they are registered for a
program.  I want to change the policy but am aware that we need to have a
solid plan in place before we open the floodgates (fall 2017).  We will work
with the school, parents, and students to ensure that everyone can co-exist
and thrive, but I thought it would be in our best interest to ask the
library experts where it's already working.  Please feel free to share this
email with staff with whom we can chat.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca Higgerson

Director