[Michlib-l] MAP Stats For October, 2016 Now Available AND MAP Update

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Nov 1 11:35:41 EDT 2016

All,

The Michigan Activity Pass statistics for October, 2016 are now available at http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/stats/ Cranbrook Art Museum was our most popular destination in October, followed by Michigan Science Center.

Were you able to attend last week's Michigan Library Association conference in Lansing? If so, did you "check out" the Plymouth Rocket booth that featured MAP? And did you participate in the Thursday night Poster Session for MAP, hosted by Brice at Traverse Area District Library and Maia of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources? Thank you to Ric Bailey of Plymouth Rocket, Maia and Brice for your support of the MAP program at MLA.

You might have read that Michigan has a brand new state park! Watkins Lake State Park http://michiganradio.org/post/story-behind-michigans-newest-state-park was officially dedicated as the state's 103rd state park last week. This is still an undeveloped property, and as such it lacks the facilities and amenities that state park goers have come to expect. For that reason we have opted to NOT add Watkins Lake State Park to MAP at this time. As Watkins Lake State Park is developed and amenities are added, it will become part of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

In the shameless self promotion department, MAP will be featured on tomorrow morning's 9:00 a.m. WGVU radio program "Tuned In to The Library of Michigan." Thank you to the Library of Michigan for the opportunity to share the good word that is MAP, live with NPR listeners not only on the west side of the state, but statewide and indeed worldwide :) via the stream.

Finally, did you know that MAP has a significant birthday (one of those that end in zero) coming up? Yes, MAP will turn 10 in 2017. We have raised the program from its birth in 2007, through its infancy in the Detroit metro area, to its current, almost a teenager, statewide years. As with any tween, you could say that MAP has become a "somewhat mature" program. But since we want to do some fun stuff with MAP in 2017 to celebrate its 10th birthday, we don't want it to be too mature. Stay tuned for further and future details regarding "MAP turns 10" in 2017.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager