[Michlib-l] Fwd: NEW Academic OneFile Browse Experience and InfoTrac Changes are Now Available!

Biggs, Deb Renee (MDE) BiggsD at michigan.gov
Mon May 16 10:26:53 EDT 2016

Eunice covered Academic OneFile in a recent MeL Minute; this message  includes a link to a video and an attachment for your review of the changes to this MeL resource:

As you know, Academic OneFile is getting a little face lift.  I wasn't sure if you were able to join in on the webinars last week about so I thought you may want to watch the on-demand video instead:)

This new feature differentiates our product from others in  the market! To provide users with discipline aligned topics, we leveraged our superior subject indexing and combined it with taxonomies from Cengage Learning's textbooks.  Our Journal Aggregation team worked with subject matter experts to identify discipline related publications enabling us to deliver a smaller focused set of discipline related results.  This new browsing feature adds to the current Academic OneFile experience.  All the familiar searches--like Basic, Advanced, Subject, and Publication--are still available options. Browse by Discipline Gale Blog post<http://blog.gale.com/product-update-for-academic-onefile/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email>

Additional recent changes and enhancements to the InfoTrac product family include:

*         "Related Resources" a recommendation tool, offers additional content.  At the bottom of article, users will be recommended similar articles of interest.

*         "Did you mean" spell suggestions offer possible search terms after a misspelling renders few or zero results. Helping the user overcome one of the biggest obstacles to a successful search.

*         Based on the success integration of Google Apps for Education, we will be retiring the Gale Account feature for all InfoTrac products.  Users can still access their content through August 2016, but new documents cannot be retained within Saved Documents. View the Gale Blog<http://blog.gale.com/product-update-for-infotrac-products/> for additional information.

*         Based on feedback, we have made InfoTrac products more engaging by adding a splash of color to the home page and subsequent pages.

Below is a link to the on-demand quick preview.....

Streaming recording link:
https://cengage.webex.com/cengage/ldr.php?RCID=32b525150d5477538f7128320c5a24b1

Today's Blog: http://blog.gale.com/product-update-for-academic-onefile/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=email_this&utm_source=email

Thanks!

 Deb Renee Biggs
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-373-4466
biggsd at michigan.gov<mailto:biggsd at michigan.gov>
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org   http://twitter.com/meldotorg