[Michlib-l] Genesee District Library Receives Big Read Grant.

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu May 12 17:18:56 EDT 2016

Congratulations David!

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Conklin" <dconklin at thegdl.org>
To: michlib-l at mail.mcls.org
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:37:22 PM
Subject: [Michlib-l] Genesee District Library Receives Big Read Grant.

I'm pleased to announce that the Genesee District Library is been awarded a NEA Big Read grant of $14,000 for 2016-2017, selecting Jack London’s  The Call of the Wild.   Our kick-off events will feature Creek Stewart, survivalist expert from the Weather Channel’s  Fat Guy in the Woods,  speaking at two branches  on Saturday, September 24th .   Other programming will  include Michael Oakes, a Jack London expert and impersonator, along with various national wolf and dog experts.

We are grateful for our partnerships with the Davison Middle School and Grand Blanc West Middle School which have committed to having their 6 th  and 7 th grade classes read  The Call of the Wild  in the fall.  In addition, our partnership with the Flint Youth Theater means that over 800 students will engage with the classic through reading, listening to and experiencing a theatrical interpretation of the classic.

David Conklin

Director

Genesee District Library

(810) 230-3335  Office

(810) 732-1161  Fax

dconklin at thegdl.org

Genesee District Library Headquarters

G-4195 W. Pasadena Avenue

Flint, MI 48504

cid:image001.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image002.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image003.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image004.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image005.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image006.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

cid:image007.jpg at 01CF75DB.D57A1870

Sent from mobile office.

Jaema Berman
Director
Addison Twp. Public Library
1400 Rochester Rd.
Leonard, MI 48367
Phone: 248-628-7180
Fax: 248-628-6109
http://www.addisontwp.michlibrary.org

“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
Margaret Fuller
1810-1850
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon