[Michlib-l] looking for input

Marsh, Nyama N.Marsh at wfblibrary.org
Fri May 6 16:18:06 EDT 2016

Hello,

As we work on our Strategic Plan, we are doing environmental analysis of several variables and analyzing how they may impact the Library in the next 5-7 years.

I am interested in your input as I work on a couple areas.

1)    How do you see the balance of digital vs print materials developing by 2022?

2)    How will suburban/urban library usage change by 2022?

For your info, other areas we are looking at...

*      Trends in use of space: quiet vs community; maker vs study rooms; material storage vs open space
*      Trends in services: e-delivery; programs across all age groups; website content
*      Partnerships
*      Changes in staffing and volunteer availability
*      Funding environment
*      Regulatory requirements
*      Patron/community needs
*      Demographics
*      Technology trends
*      Educational trends

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Marsh
Library Director
n.marsh at wfblibrary.org<mailto:n.marsh at wfblibrary.org>
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)
"There are many ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." ~Jacqueline Kennedy
"Leaders don't force people to follow - they invite them on a journey." ~ Charles Lauer