[Michlib-l] Technical Processor at Northwood University
palmerer at northwood.edu
Tue May 3 17:14:58 EDT 2016
Location: Midland, MI
Northwood University has an opening for a Technical Processor to receive and process all book, periodical, and serial acquisitions for the Michigan Campus Strosacker Library. The Technical Processor reports directly to the Head Librarian.
* Provide superior customer service to students, faculty, colleagues, and external customers
* Under general supervision, performs clerical work, circulation, cataloging and technical services
* Assists students and faculty in the use of library resources.
* Receives shipments of new books, periodicals, and serials; checks them in and prepares them for cataloging
* Uses OCLC to locate MARC records and exports records to SirsiDynex/Horizon.; adds the Library's holdings to the existing OCLC records
* Prepares all materials for circulation or in-house use (includes pockets, stamps, labels, etc.)
* Notifies vendors of problems with shipments received, orders placed and credit
* Repairs and re-labels library materials as necessary.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Be available for night or weekend work
* Two years of technical library experience or a two year library technician degree.A combination of education and experience that meets the minimum requirements may be substituted.
* At least one year of cataloging experience.
* Familiar with RDA.
* Demonstrated knowledge and efficient use of current technology, including; Microsoft Office, ILS (Integrated Library System) and OCLC
Applicants should understand and support "The Northwood Idea" and Northwood University's mission. More information about Northwood University's philosophy, mission, and outcomes can be found at: http://www.northwood.edu/aboutus/.
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Click here to apply<http://www.northwood.edu/apps/hr/application/?adp=false&position=877-Technical%20Processor>. If offered employment, official transcript is required.
Eric W. Palmer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l