[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: "Cut the Cord!"

Maria Williams maria.williams at baldwinlib.org
Thu Mar 31 19:41:30 EDT 2016

Dear Listserv-

On Tuesday I gave a talk here at Baldwin called "Cut the Cord" all about
options for eliminating or reducing pay TV subscriptions and using free
content from the library and an antenna along with paid content from
streaming services in order to access great entertainment options. I also
demonstrated how to use a Roku Streaming Stick, Amazon Fire TV, and an
Apple TV.

55 people attended the talk - which is a lot for us for a program without a
special speaker - and it got a lot of coverage in the local papers.

I think this would be a relatively easy program for other librarians to
present to their own communities, and it could be a very effective
presentation even without the device demonstration (I used my personal
devices). If anyone is interested in my PowerPoint presentation and handout
I'm happy to share, please just email me off the list.

Happy Spring!

Maria

Maria Williams, MLIS
Head of Adult Services