[Michlib-l] ONLY SIX DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER FOR RLC2016!

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Fri Mar 25 09:46:49 EDT 2016

The deadline to register for the Library of Michigan's Small and Rural Libraries Conference is March 31. Be sure to have your online registration completed and your reservation request completed and at the conference hotel by that date.  Hotel reservation forms are provided in your registration confirmation email.

Full session descriptions are now available on our site, www.michigan.gov/fyanconference<http://www.michigan.gov/fyanconference>   This year we have nearly 70 library-related sessions to choose from during the 3-day conference. In addition to our sessions we have two keynote speakers, gift baskets, vendor giveaways, exhibitor reception, award's dinner and Marian the Librarian.

You are welcome to bring guests along to enjoy the island.  Your guest(s) may join us for meals, participate in the optional tours and also get free admission to Fort Mackinac and the Mackinac Art Museum courtesy of Mackinac Island Historic Parks.  A guest meal order form can be found in the Attendee Information Packet on the website.  Tour tickets can be purchased using the information in the packet.

Guests are invited to attend the special events listed here:

*         Thursday evening lecture on the History of the Grand Hotel by the Grand Hotel Historian Bob Tagatz

*         Watch the film, Somewhere in Time

*         Carriage tours on the island Thursday and Friday afternoons (ticket order deadline April 7)

If you have questions about the event, please contact us or visit the website where you can find the Attendee Information Packet, a program-at-a-glance, complete session descriptions, list of vendors, tour tickets, and a ferry schedule.  www.michigan.gov/fyanconference<http://www.michigan.gov/fyanconference>

I hope to see you there!!

Evette Atkin
Continuing Education Coordinator
Statewide Library Services