[Michlib-l] MAP: Three Times The Fun This Year, Vs. Last Year

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 23 14:34:35 EDT 2016

All,

I am very pleased to share the news that by the end of the day today, Michigan's public library patrons will have checked out THREE TIMES as many MAP Passes in the 10 months since the program renewed last May, as was the case for the entire previous twelve month period! Give yourselves a round of applause, as your promotion and publicity is really making the difference here.

And it isn't just museum passes, either. Per this article that appeared in the March 20 edition of the Detroit Free Press, libraries all across Michigan have a variety of other neat things to lend, too: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2016/03/20/libraries-unique-offerings-art-books/77478298/

Speaking of MAP promotion, earlier today I got an email from a library staff member who works at a public library in the southwestern part of the state. She wanted to tell me that she had used our PowerPoint presentation to introduce MAP to one of her local cultural institutions. Her program was so well received that the institution said they were planning to send their signed MAP agreement to me right away!

Finally, we are talking to a potential new MAP partner that, if we are able to secure an agreement with this organization, would result in a huge increase in MAP publicity and attendance. I'm not going to name the potential partner at this time. But it is one of those places that everybody likes to go :)

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager