[Michlib-l] 2 student positions at Library of Michigan

Driedger, Kevin (MDE) DriedgerK at michigan.gov
Mon Mar 21 09:47:57 EDT 2016

The Library of Michigan has openings for two student positions

Federal Documents Student Assistant
The Library of Michigan is looking for student to assist our federal government documents program. The majority of the work will involve handling and processing federal government documents. The student employee will also assist with scanning and processing digital materials, other library and office tasks such as shelving books, sorting mail and other projects. This position requires good computer skills, and attention to detail.

Processing Student Assistant
The Library of Michigan is looking for student to assist our processing and MeLCat programs. The majority of the work will involve processing, labelling and rehousing of library materials, and assisting with MeLCat work. The student employee will also assist with other library and office tasks such as shelving books, sorting mail and other projects. This position requires good computer skills, and attention to detail.

Both positions are part time working no more than 24 hours/week.

EDUCATION:

Current enrollment in vocational or technical school, or post-secondary educational institution.

KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:

  *   Excellent knowledge of standard office procedures and computer applications
  *   Library or archives related training or experience
  *   Ability to focus on detailed work
  *   Ability to resolve problems
  *   Ability to communicate effectively

CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:

The student must provide evidence of enrollment or acceptance to an educational institution.

Deadline date to apply: Apply by March 30, 2016 to receive fullest consideration

To apply for the position please send a cover letter, resume, current transcript, and a list of 3 references (can be work, academic, or personal) to Grace Wirth at wirthg at michigan.gov<mailto:wirthg at michigan.gov>.

Kevin
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Kevin Driedger
Librarian for Conservation and Digitization
Library of Michigan
P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo
Lansing, MI 48913
517-373-9440
driedgerk at michigan.gov<mailto:driedgerk at michigan.gov>
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>

Visit our March is Reading Month website<http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_65803-376051--,00.html> for motivating examples and activities that encourage purposeful reading for all Michiganders.

[cid:image001.png at 01D169A3.73327F50]