[Michlib-l] Open eBooks Initiative

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 17 12:40:57 EDT 2016

The new Open eBooks initiative is a new program from the Digital Public Library of America and other partners that provides eBooks free for children from in-need households. Schools and libraries can participate. You can find out more at http://openebooks.net/. The Library of Michigan has collected a list of resources on the project at our Library Initiatives page as well. Go towww.michigan.gov/statewidelibraryservices<http://www.michigan.gov/statewidelibraryservices> and select Library Initiatives on the left.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
517-373-5700 f
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>

Visit our March is Reading Month website<http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-28753_65803-376051--,00.html> for motivating examples and activities that encourage purposeful reading for all Michiganders.

[cid:image001.png at 01D169A3.73327F50]