[Michlib-l] ARSL extends proposal deadline

Colleen Leddy ctbleddy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:51:47 EDT 2016

Got a great idea for a conference presentation? Consider submitting it to
the ARSL conference programming committee and you could earn free
conference registration! See info below.
Thanks,
Colleen

DEADLINE APPROACHING!

The Association for Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL) is extending the
deadline for proposals for break-out session presentations for the 2016
Conference being held in Fargo, North Dakota on October 27-29, 2016!  The
new deadline will be Saturday, March 26.

Proposals for these 1-hour sessions can be submitted using our online form
found here: http://goo.gl/forms/WZ8bXNtVV6   All proposals will be reviewed
by the Conference Programming Committee.  Those who submit a proposal will
be notified whether or not their proposal was accepted by April 29, 2016.

This year’s conference theme is “North of Normal.”  We’d like to hear about
creative ideas that take your library beyond normal.  Our members are small
and rural library practitioners and love hearing about practical ideas they
can take back to their library and implement.  And of course, we are always
interested in ways to make the most of small budgets.

There is a change in policy this year, we will now allow vendors to submit
proposals.  They will go through the same process for selection as all
proposals.  Presentations should not be product specific.   To be
considered, a presentation must contain useful information without
purchasing a product.

Workshop presenters will receive ONE complimentary conference registration
per workshop title selected, i.e. a team of three presenters working on one
workshop will receive one complimentary registration.

The committee is looking forward to receiving your submissions.

Good Luck!

Becky Heil

Conference Programming Committee Chair

becky.heil at lib.state.ia.us