[Michlib-l] MAP: New Powerpoint Presentation Now Available

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 16 14:59:49 EDT 2016

All,

Have you ever wished you had access to a brief yet thorough, short and sweet yet comprehensive, understated yet colorful, overview of the Michigan Activity Pass program? How about when you want to pitch MAP to a new potential partner venue in your area? Or when you are coordinating a MAP program at your library? I am happy to report that thanks to Brigette at TLN, we have you covered. Brigette has created a brand new PowerPoint presentation for you to use, and share. It gives a brief history of the MAP program and its somewhat humble beginnings, a summary of MAP's ginormousness today, as well as what to look for in the MAP future. I've attached a copy of the new MAP PowerPoint presentation. In the event the attachment gets scrubbed, the presentation is also available at http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/ and then clicking on the link named MAP's Evolution (PowerPoint Presentation). Please note that we are in the process of updating the numerous other MAP promo pieces that are also linked on this page.

There is one number in the presentation that I am happy to update. Slide 6 notes "391 destinations." That was so yesterday! :) Today, if you visit the MAP website and ask to see every destination, you get 394 results. And thanks to our new partner venues that have signed up to go live with MAP at renewal time, as things stand today we have a total of 403 MAP partner venues (I have hidden nine of them until go live time). I really wanted us to have 400 partner destinations for 2016-2017, a goal which thanks to all of your hard work and promotion, we have now achieved. "MAP, 16 times as many partner destination venues in 2016 as was the case in 2007." Oh yeah!

Thank you for your promotion and support of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager