[Michlib-l] MCLS Copy cataloging of monographs using RDA webinar -- seats available

Suzanne Robinson robinsons at mcls.org
Thu Mar 3 12:17:50 EST 2016

Please share:

Copy cataloging of monographs using RDA will give you essentials skills.  Register now to be sure you have a seat in this workshop.

Here is your chance to work with RDA (Resource Description and Access) while learning the fundamentals of copy cataloging of monographs. In this hands-on workshop, you will explore the foundations behind RDA, the tools included in the RDA Toolkit and leave with a better understanding of how to transition from AACR2 to RDA.

You will learn the essentials of copy cataloging, key MARC tags, basic authority control and why it is important, and where to find good MARC records. Among the topics discussed will be the chief source of information, physical description, primary access point, and the choice of additional access points. Participants will learn the appropriate MARC fixed and variable fields for books, and will study the relationships among these fields. Several MARC record examples will be examined, and a number of hands-on copy cataloging exercises will be included. The booklet for this workshop contains an RDA Workflow providing the relevant RDA rules, the Library of Congress-Program for Cooperative Cataloging Policy Statements and MARC coding information. The OCLC Bibliographic Formats and Standards will also be used.
Click here to register:
https://www.mcls.org/training-events/training-events-list/training-event/?ref_cID=198&bID=0&dd_asId=3049

Thanks,
Suzanne
------------------------------------
Suzanne Robinson, AMLS
Continuing Education Librarian
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen St., Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910          800-530-9019 ext 134

Part time Hours: (with some slight variations occasionally)
Monday 11am-3pm
Tuesday 9am - 3pm
Wednesday 11am - 2:30pm
Thursday 9am - 3pm
Friday 9am-1pm

I work from home also, and I check email regularly,
so email is the most reliable way to reach me.