[Michlib-l] MAP: New Partners and New Website and New Mobile Version, All Coming Soon!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 2 10:43:11 EST 2016

All,

It has been some time since our last MAP confab (I know, you are SO glad of that fact). Well, meteorological Spring (as opposed to calendar Spring, which will debut on March 20) arrived yesterday (you can tell by the color of the grass and roads) and with it, some very exciting news regarding the Michigan Activity Pass program that I just have to share with you. But first, a summary of where we stand, MAP-wise, as of today. Thanks to your hard work and promotional efforts you have circulated nearly three times as many MAP passes since program go live on May 24 as was the case for the entire previous twelve month period of the program! The number of "hits" to the MAP website is closing in on 500,000. The number of "likes" for the MAP Facebook page has surpassed 1,700. Etc. Keep it up everyone! You are doing a great job, and it is being noticed. Which brings me to the subject of the message...

Today, we are very excited to announce that MAP has entered into a brand new partnership with the National Park Service and its Every Kid in a Park program. As a result, the following seven Michigan NPS sites will be added to the MAP website, with passes available beginning on or about May 21:

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore http://www.nps.gov/slbe/index.htm
River Raisin National Battlefield Park http://www.nps.gov/rira/index.htm
North County National Scenic Trail http://www.nps.gov/noco/index.htm
Isle Royale National Park http://www.nps.gov/isro/index.htm
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore http://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm
Keweenaw National Historical Park http://www.nps.gov/kewe/index.htm
MotorCities National Heritage Area http://www.nps.gov/auto/index.htm

Our partnership with NPS and the addition of these seven new destinations will only serve to enhance the visibility and usage of the MAP program by Michigan's public library patrons.

We are also talking to several municipal (county and city) parks and recreation agencies, which could result in additional new partner venues for MAP. More details regarding that a little later.

Finally, I don't think anyone would disagree that after nearly three years, the MAP website is in need of a refresh. Well, we have that covered, too! Thanks to our partners Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, and Plymouth Rocket a completely redesigned MAP website is in the works. This new MAP website, including a MOBILE version, will be ready for use in time for the roll out of statewide MAP Year 4 in late May.

Look for additional information regarding the new website, new partner venues, and new mobile version, very soon.

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager