[Michlib-l] We've Been Working on the MAP Page (and the MAP Facebook Page Too)

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 22 12:41:59 EDT 2016

All,

When I say "we" have been working on the MAP website and Facebook page I mean Brigette and John at TLN have been working. I do make the occasional, perhaps sometimes even useful, suggestion, though :)

As we have reported MAP is gaining a following among library patrons that far exceeds what we have seen in past years. With all of this new interest comes many more questions from users, and from librarians, too. Nearly all of those questions can be distilled down to "how do I check out a MAP pass." To address this, we have added a "Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to check out a MAP pass" link to the MAP website http://michiganactivitypass.info Clicking the link takes patrons to the "How to check out a Michigan Activity Pass" document at http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/files/MAP-HOWTO.pdf If you poke around on the MAP website you will encounter the "Click here for a step-by-step tutorial on how to check out a MAP pass" link almost everywhere you go, under Brochure, News, More and Help. Everywhere except under Survey. And speaking of Survey, we have updated the MAP survey for this year, to make it more to the point (shorter). Patrons have responded, and over 100 surveys have been completed on the MAP website since go live on May 24.

The MAP Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Michigan-Activity-Pass-MAP-510259192344845/ has over 3,000 likes now. To further assist patrons and library staff we have pinned to the MAP FB page the "How To Check Out a Michigan Activity Pass" document, as well as the three brand new MAP brochures and the updated MAP survey, too.

MAP: nearly 120,000 hits to the website since go live on May 24, and counting!

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager