[Michlib-l] Community storytelling/"Moth" style programs?

Emma Olmstead-Rumsey erumstead at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 12:36:03 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am looking at doing a community storytelling program at my library
modeled on the format of The Moth Radio Hour--attendees can put their name
in the hat for a chance to stand up and tell a short, true story related to
the night's theme.

If you have done a similar program, I would love to hear about your
experiences and any advice you have about dos and don'ts, planning tips,
etc. If I get multiple replies, I will compile them and send them to the
list.

Thanks for any thoughts you have,

Emma Olmstead-Rumsey
Adult Services Librarian at the Cromaine Library in Hartland, MI