[Michlib-l] Summer Reading: how to count unpublished stories

Jocelyn Baldwin Levin jmb.mlis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:55:43 EDT 2016

According to
http://www.megcabot.com/about-meg-cabot/frequently-asked-questions-getting-published/
,

"How many words are there to a page? It depends on the font you are using,
of course, but in general, 250-300 words per page. Therefore, a 55,000 word
book should be about 200 manuscript pages. A 100,000 word book would be
about 400. Editors like 12 point font."

So, you could have them do a quick word count (easy to do by pasting in
Microsoft Word) and count one page for every 250 words.

~Jocelyn Levin, MLIS

Jocelyn (Baldwin) Levin, MLIS
jmb.mlis at gmail.com