[Michlib-l] StoryWalk Project from Capital Area District Libraries

Klein,Elizabeth kleine at cadl.org
Thu Jun 16 12:00:34 EDT 2016

Hi MichLib,

Here at Capital Area District Libraries (CADL) in Lansing, we just launched our first StoryWalk(r) at Orlando Park in the nearby town of Haslett! StoryWalk(r) encourages families to enjoy reading and the outdoors by posting a children's book - a page or two at a time - at intervals in a park, hiking trail or other outdoor site. StoryWalk(r) includes activities<http://www.cadl.org/index.php/download_file/view/2757/1176/> like talking, reading, writing, singing and playing to help children develop early literacy skills<http://www.cadl.org/kids-and-teens/kids-and-parents/talk/>. Our first story is the 2012 Michigan Reads! selection Moose on the Loose<http://opac.cadl.org/search/q?author=wargin%2C+kathy-jo&title=moose+on+the+loose&sortdropdown=-&searchscope=15> by Kathy-jo Wargin.

If you're ever in the Haslett area, stop by for a wonderful activity that combines reading and exercise. More photos here:  https://www.facebook.com/cadlibrary/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10154199883219785 More info about the project here: http://www.cadl.org/index.php?cID=1176

<http://bit.ly/1XlwPr2>Also, videos introducing StoryWalk(r) with Moose on the Loose author, Kathy-jo Wargin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVWGxyig9XM&list=PLpg3p4ntFEsJz4b6n00LyCOm5Gi3P9usb

Eli

Eli R. Klein
Online Content/Social Media & PR Coordinator
Capital Area District Libraries - Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6355 | kleine at cadl.org<mailto:kleine at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<http://www.cadl.org/> | facebook.com/cadlibrary | twitter.com/cadl