[Michlib-l] Help!

Kerry Fitzgerald kfitzgerald at loutitlibrary.org
Mon Jun 13 10:10:17 EDT 2016

Pam,

Being a big Star Wars fan myself, my heart goes out to you. I just wish you
weren't in the UP! I cosplay Kylo Ren and have connections with a couple
folks from the 501st in the Grand Rapids area. With such short notice and a
huge travel distance, I don't think any of us can help you, but I just
wanted to offer my assistance to libraries in southwest Michigan looking
for a Star Wars character for their programs. Our Youth Department had a
Jedi Academy in April and I crashed it as Kylo Ren. I was fighting off up
to 6 kids armed with pool-noodle lightsabers at a time. It was a blast!

Best of luck to everyone with Summer Reading this year and May the Force be
with you!

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Pam Withrow <pwithrow at uproc.lib.mi.us>
wrote:

> Our Star Wars characters just cancelled for our Summer Reading kickoff
> party on Wednesday (June 15th, 5:30-6:30 pm).  Does anyone have a
> connection with someone in the 501st Legion?  Our event has been
> advertised throughout the community and on tv and radio.  Our kids have
> been looking forward to this for weeks.  Any help will be appreciated.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Pamela Withrow, Director
>
> Forsyth Township Public Library
>
> 180 W. Flint St.