[Michlib-l] New Editors Named for Michigan History, Society Magazines

Larry J. Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Wed Jun 8 09:01:21 EDT 2016

My apologies if this is a duplicate - I am also sharing this news with my
personal contact list.   - Larry

New Editors Named for Michigan History, Society Magazines

Lansing, Mich.-When you are handed a lemon, you make lemonade. And that's
exactly what the Historical Society of Michigan (HSM) did when the long-time
editor of Michigan History magazine, Patricia Majher, departed at the end of
May to take a new post at the University of Michigan. Using a streamlined,
innovative approach, HSM reorganized its editorial staff, creating a
Lansing-based editorial team that will simultaneously work on all three of
its magazines: Michigan History, Chronicle and Michigan History for Kids.
The new staff workgroup is working under the banner of HSM Magazines to
reflect its unified responsibilities.

With the new editorial structure, HSM was able to cut costs, increase
efficiency, and eliminate duplicated responsibilities. Not only will the
editorial team continue to bring readers top-notch Michigan history-related
feature articles and special sections, but it will also strive to bring even
more value to subscribers and members of the Society, along with meeting the
mission of all three magazines: to explore the history and heritage of all
Michigan's peoples.

"Our new Editorial Team will take all three of our publications to new
heights," commented publisher Larry J. Wagenaar, who also serves as
Executive Director of the Historical Society of Michigan. "We have a group
of very talented people who have already melded into a collaborative unit,
and our readers, subscribers and members will definitely benefit from the
new structure."

The new team consists of newly promoted Editor in Chief and Creative
Director Nancy Feldbush, who will oversee the operation and design of all
three magazines and also remains as the Society's Director of
Communications; newly promoted Michigan History for Kids Editor Amy
Bradfield, who will lead the production of the Society's third- and
fourth-grade-level publication; recently appointed Features Editor
Christopher Blaker, who will work on feature articles for both Michigan
History and Chronicle magazines and give input to Michigan History for Kids;
newly promoted Special Sections Coordinator Andie McBride, who will manage
the various departments and specialty sections for both Michigan History and
Chronicle magazines and give input to Michigan History for Kids; and
recently appointed Graphics and Multimedia Manager Maureen Buecking, who
will create the look and feel of each magazine.

The Historical Society of Michigan is the state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history

#   #  #

Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr.