[Michlib-l] 2018 "Libraries Rock!" CSLP Call for submissions

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue Jun 7 16:12:53 EDT 2016

Collaborative Summer Library Program

Call for Ideas

Children's Manual and Early Literacy Manual, 2018

Work has begun on the CSLP 2018 Children's and Early Literacy Manuals, and we would love your input!  We're looking for ideas for programs, books, activities, displays, decorations, storytimes, incentives, and more.  Our manuals incorporate diverse books, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), early literacy, hands-on activities, and programming for a wide range of interests, age groups, and budgets.  Whether you've got an idea for one activity or an entire program outline, we'd love to hear from you.

Our 2018 theme is "Libraries Rock!"  Below, you'll find subthemes for each manual, to help give you an idea of what we'll be covering in each one.  Please submit your ideas by June 30, 2016 to Amanda Struckmeyer at amandacmoss at gmail.com<mailto:amandacmoss at gmail.com>; be sure to include your name, institution, city, and state, so that we can acknowledge you in the manual.  Please note whether any fingerplays, rhymes, or songs are original works.  Any format is welcome (book lists, bulleted lists, brief notes, or full paragraphs, for example).  If you prefer, a CSLP Program Submission Form can be found at http://www.cslpreads.org.

Early Literacy Manual (birth-age 5) Subthemes:

*         Music to Grow By: Learning Songs - colors, letters, numbers, names, daily activities

*         Let's Dance!: Movement Songs - dancing, moving, parts of the body

*         Let's Make Some Noise/Be-Bopping: Instruments - identifying instruments, playing instruments, making instruments

*         Hit a High Note/Just Sing: Singing - rhyming songs, story songs, chants, song in rounds, different formats (melody, rhythm, lyric, harmony)

*         Surround Sound: Listening - different genres, sounds in nature, sounds around you

Children's Manual (ages 5-12) Subthemes:

*         Rock Around the World (music and dance around the world)

*         Science of Music

*         Instruments

*         Biographies/Musicians/Genres

*         Sounds in Nature