[Michlib-l] Cyber-security Liability and Insurance

Scott Morey smorey at tadl.org
Fri Jun 3 16:46:00 EDT 2016

Greetings form Traverse Area District Library,

With cyber-attacks on the rise, we are in the process of trying to
understand the extent of our potential liabilities in the aftermath of a
hypothetical attack that results in the leak of patron data.

We are also evaluating cyber-security insurance plans to mitigate this
threat.

If anyone else is in the process of trying to better understand this risk,
has invested in cyber-security insurance, and/or is interested in sharing
notes, we would appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers,

Scott W. Morey
Assistant Director for Technology
Traverse Area District Library