[Michlib-l] Substitute Librarian posting
lisa at ypsilibrary.org
Thu Jul 14 09:31:05 EDT 2016
The Ypsilanti District Library is looking for qualified librarian candidates to expand its substitute pool. Applications are welcomed at the address below, or can be sent to my email.
Lisa Hoenig, Director
Ypsilanti District Library
5577 Whittaker Road (734)879-1300
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197 fax (734)482-0047
www.ypsilibrary.org<http://www.ypsilibrary.org/> lisa at ypsilibrary.org<mailto:lisa at ypsilibrary.org>
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
-- William James
J O B P O S T I N G
YPSILANTI DISTRICT LIBRARY
Date: July 14, 2016
Position: Substitute Librarian
Nature of Work:
Under the direction of the Adult Services, Youth Services, Outreach Services, or Branch Head, performs professional reference work, helping patrons of all ages use the library.
* Provides quick, accurate and friendly reference and reader's advisory services to the public, using print as well as electronic resources.
* Assists patrons with library technology such as the library catalog, databases, streaming content services, eBooks, photocopiers and printers, self-service checkout, public computer stations and the Internet.
* Provides community information and referral services.
* Follows and enforces all library rules, policies, procedures and patron privacy laws.
* Master's Degree in Library/ Information Science from an ALA-accredited school.
* Experience in public library reference work.
* Familiarity with print and electronic reference sources, Internet sites, and office software.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong commitment to public service excellence.
* Ability to function in a professional manner, work independently, and use good judgment.
* Flexible, dependable, and willing to work at a variety of locations on call.
* Enthusiastic, positive team player.
* Proficiency in using computers and high-level Internet searching skills.
* Ability to return to tasks after frequent interruptions.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work with diverse populations at all levels of learning.
Hours of employment and departmental assignments will vary. May include daytime, evening, or weekend hours, including some Sundays. No permanent hours or schedule are implied.
$17.00/hour. No benefits.
Position open until filled.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, & application form
(available at www.ypsilibrary.org<http://www.ypsilibrary.org>) to:
Ypsilanti District Library
5577 Whittaker Road
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
or lisa at ypsilibrary.org<mailto:lisa at ypsilibrary.org>
Applications received by Friday, July 29, will be given full consideration.
YDL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l