[Michlib-l] 'Introduction to the library' videos in other languages?

Olmstead-Rumsey,Emily olmstead-rumseye at cadl.org
Tue Jan 12 18:05:53 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

Has anyone worked with a translation and/or film company to produce a short video introducing your library in a language other than English, or produced one independently? If so, can you share what your experience was like, and/or the cost of the project?

As well as being something we are looking into at my home library, I'm on RUSA's Committee on Multilingual Library Services (learn more here!: http://www.ala.org/rusa/contact/rosters/rss/rus-moulss) and it's the kind of information we would like to collect and have available for interested libraries.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here are a few examples:
"Welcome to the Library" by the Pima County (AZ) Library, Nepalese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHO2qMvqXU
"Welcome to Your Library" by the Hennepin County (MN) Library, Somali: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9pSFJA-l5o
"Welcome to the Library," Omaha Public Library, Sudanese-Nuer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtqxVbl0TKU

I will compile any replies and send them to the list.

Best,

Emma Olmstead-Rumsey