[Michlib-l] Jackson District Library-Director Open Position

Wayne, Danah WayneD at myjdl.com
Mon Jan 4 08:59:53 EST 2016

Reminder: This posting closes Friday January 8th, 2016

Please apply at: https://myjdl.applicantpro.com/jobs/

December 18, 2015
15-040

LIBRARY DIRECTOR

Jackson District Library, serving the county of Jackson, Michigan, seeks a dedicated professional who will bring leadership, vision, and a long-term commitment to our library and our community. JDL serves a population of 162,000 residents and is forty five minutes from the University of Michigan and Michigan State University and near numerous other institutions of higher education, parks, and recreational areas for outdoor enthusiasts.

Our annual budget of 6.6 million dollars provides for 13 branches and an administrative center, with a staff of 150 and circulation that exceeds 1.2 million with 640,000 visitors per year.

The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of achievement preferably with millage campaign knowledge and experience. An ALA/MLS degree and eight years of progressively more responsible professional librarian experience including management is required.

The mission of the Jackson District Library is to inspire our community to discover, learn and succeed. The library actively participates in several initiatives focused on educational attainment, health improvement, economic and workforce development and financial stability in the Jackson community

Reports to:                         Board of Trustees
Starting Salary:                  $99,500 - $110,000 annually

Position Open:                 January 15, 2016
Apply by:                            January 8, 2016

Please apply at: https://myjdl.applicantpro.com/jobs/

EOE

Danah D Wayne
HR Assistant